Eclipses in General
If you have ever been in the locality an eclipse you will know its one of the most awesome natural phenomena you could ever observe.
The atmosphere was electric, and it seemed as if the clouds were also competing for the best viewing position. Then it started. The Moon began its path across the face of the Sun and for approximately sixty minutes; we sat mesmerised wearing the appropriate eye protection. The clouds parted, reluctantly, granting us our wish to see those few minutes of totality. Words cannot adequately express the magnificence of this dance between the Sun and the Moon and the level of complex astronomical precision is involved. Just before totality, as it became darker the birds stopped singing and all went quiet. The scene was peaceful, unnervingly silent, calm and yes, spiritual. Even the humans were quiet, not a word could be heard. We stood paying homage to the majesty of it all as I am sure the ancients had done many times before us.
Helen Hartley – Diary Note 2005 – Ceduna Australia
Eclipse positions 2023
1 – Solar Eclipse – April 20, 2023, at 29° 50″ Aries (Solar 1st & 7th house). This will also affect early degrees of Taurus and Scorpio (Solar 2nd & 8th house)
2 – Lunar Eclipse – May 5, 2023, at 14° 58 ″of Scorpio (Solar 8th & 2nd house)
3 – Solar Eclipse – October 14, 2023, at 21° 07″ Libra (Solar 7th & 1st house)
4 – Luna Eclipse – October 28, 2023, at 5° 09″ Taurus (Solar 2nd & 8th house)
Generally speaking, these eclipses will trigger events for those born in Taurus and Scorpio. However, the season’s 1st eclipse (April 20 2023) is in the late degrees of Aries and will impact those Aries born late into the sign.
For Taurus/Scorpio polarity, the pattern from last 2022 continues. There may be a build-up of circumstances that reach a critical point with your values, financial situation, and how you earn your money or your taxes! What is it that you value, and how is that reflected in your daily living? Given that Taurus/Scorpio is in a fixed sign, it can be difficult for you to change your mind and direction. Remember, the more you resist, the more it persists, and stubbornness is one of your great strengths, yet used to excess, it can become your greatest weakness!
Solar Eclipses tend to be triggered by external events and are usually felt or manifest about six (6) months after the eclipse takes place. Alternatively, the Lunar Eclipses may be experienced emotionally and within three (3) months of the Lunar Eclipse. Read the descriptors below.
The manifestation of eclipses is not an overnight thing and should be looked at within the context of the natal horoscope. If you have your horoscope you can make the eclipse positions and see how they manifest! Remember there is a difference between the Solar houses and your personal Horoscope.
Eclipses in the Solar Houses
1st House—7th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 1st/7th houses, the focus will be on your relationships.
- The 1st house is our sense of self; it is who we are as individuals. Eclipses in the 1st house usually signal a period of personal development and growth. It can also coincide with changing your appearance or how you present yourself to the world!
- The 7th house is how we relate to other individuals. Naturally, when we ourselves change, this also changes how we relate to other individuals. Eclipses in the 7th house also signal a period of personal development and change; the main difference is that we experience crisis and the need to change as if it were coming from outside ourselves because we project our 7th house on other people. No matter how it appears, it is never about the other person. It is always our own stuff.
2nd House—8th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 2nd/8th houses, the focus will be on your resources.
- The 2nd house is the house of our personal resources, our possessions, our skills, our talents, and our finances. An eclipse in the 2nd house will always make us more aware of our material attachments: the things that we believe that we cannot survive without. Since most of us are overly attached to money, this may be a time to re-evaluate and explore your relationship with money.
- The 8th house is the house of other people’s resources, joint finances, taxes and inheritances. An eclipse in the 8th house makes us aware of our responsibilities to others: both physical and emotional. It’s often an indication that it’s time to explore what truly belongs to us, and what belongs to our partners.
3rd House—9th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 3rd/9th houses, the focus will be on your relationship to the world.
- The 3rd house relates to our personal domain: the places and things that we are the most familiar with. The 3rd house also relates to our communication and to our personal, individual spiritual practices. An eclipse in the 3rd house often forces us to re-evaluate the things we take for granted and become more aware of how we communicate with ourselves and with others.
- The 9th house relates to unfamiliar environments: foreign countries, new ideas and philosophies, and organized religion. An eclipse in the 9th house causes us to consider the bigger picture of our lives. How do we want to grow and expand?
4th House—10th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 4th/10th houses, the focus will be on balancing your private life with your public life.
- The 4th house relates to our private lives: our home, our family, and our emotional and spiritual connections to our ancestors and heritage. An eclipse in the 4th house can often indicate a time of family crisis.
- Of course, since an eclipse in the 4th house often means an eclipse in the 10th house as well, that crisis may have a lot to do with balancing the demands of your career or public life with the needs of your family and private life.
5th House—11th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 5th house/11th house, the focus will be on issues of individual expression and group participation.
- The 5th house relates to the things that make us feel special and worthy as individuals. It’s the house of our creative expression and includes children, gambling, and love affairs. Eclipses in the 5th house can stir up the creative urge or represent changes in our relationships with our children or with our casual romantic partners.
- The 11th house is the house of friendships; this is the house of group participation and shared creativity. Eclipses in the 11th house can often indicate changes in our relationships with our peers and our friends.
6th House—12th House. If the eclipses occurred in your 6th house/12th house, the focus will be on your physical and spiritual health.
- The 6th house contains all of the things we need to do on a daily basis to maintain a physical body: food, exercise, diet and our daily routine, including our jobs. Eclipses in the 6th house often indicate changes in our routines, and it’s important to be aware of your physical needs to avoid illness.
- The 12th house contains all the things we need to do daily to maintain a soul. The 12th house is where we meditate and explore our unconscious. Eclipses in the 12th house often indicate that you will need to spend more time alone, in your personal spiritual practices
- The Solar Eclipse can help you to regroup and focus, for a while, on an area in your life that may need extra attention or change. While your attention is focused on a particular area of your life, it is almost like a “self-help” tool that can help develop the strengths of your personality. The Eclipse may inspire, motivate, or pressure you, depending on the nature of your needs during the transit. The interpretations below are brief and may only cover a small portion of the possibilities. You should also consider the Lunar Eclipse that occurs in the sequence with the Solar Eclipse.
Reference – Robert Carl Jansky
Eclipses – The Universe’s Maverick
I often refer to an eclipse as a maverick as it can operate by emphasising your circumstances or coinciding with a crisis. Now, these terms do not necessarily mean it’s a bad thing; however, wherever an eclipse falls in your chart is an area of life that is going to undergo some change, or at least require more of your time and attention than usual. When an eclipse activates your horoscope it is also felt by the sign of polarity. For example, if the eclipse is in your 10th house (career and social standing) it will also activate the 4th house (home and family). It may be that you need to arrive at some type of compromise by attempting to reconcile the difference and make decisions that will impact your career and home.
The house where the Solar Eclipse falls in your chart, and its opposite, can become the focus for the next year however the energy tends to peak about the 6-month mark where matters reach a peak. A Lunar Eclipse (usually the opposite house at a later date) will also be impacted and could signal strong emotions that may or may not be related to the events of the Solar Eclipse. Lunar eclipses seem to have a life of around six months and peak around the three-month mark.
For some, eclipses will signal a time of major change in their lives. These changes will not be an overnight thing. More like a marathon. My advice to you is to chart your course and plan for change. Be realistic about what is possible and go with the flow. Eclipses coincide with the release of an enormous amount of psychic energy and any changes you experience will have been brewing for some time and the eclipse may act as a trigger to surface any restlessness you have been feeling.